Friday 30 September 2011

performance for global container



So last night was Global Container 19. It was hectic. I went to buy a dress at 6pm and got lost in the rain on the way back. Eventually I got a tolley bus back and arrived drenched at ten to eight. The line up pretty packed with things kicking off at 8pm so I had ten minutes to get myself together.
I was billed at 22.25 so I had time to dye my hair and see all the performances. It was a rollercoaster on emotions ans sensations as we followed Sandra through the factory to the first performance by Erik Alalooga. I'm finding it impossible to describe his piece which involved huge contraptions, rivers of wires, sound and light techicians, a throat singer, a blow torch and cannon balls. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole show. Apparently this is a much softer version of what he usually presents.
The next two performances I have not got the correct names of the artists to hand so I will talk about them when I find out their full names.

Finally at 23:00 I began to set up my piece. You can see some stills from the video here:








After I had informally ended my work many people came to me with things they had found, photographs and business cards and others took photographs. I found myself on the floor being covered in torn paper.

then I had to sweep it all up and pack it away again!



No comments:

Post a Comment