Tuesday 4 May 2010

I'm here at last

Welcome to my new home!


Marina woz ere!




Hopscotch on the way to the west wing!




And a roof garden :-)



After a long couples of days in London I arrived in Tallinn late Sunday night. Jaanika (who's the administrator at Polymer) met me at the airport. On Monday morning we dragged my bags up the stairs to my new home for the next month.

I spent the rest of Monday getting lost in the outskirts of Tallinn and eating cabbage based foods. Today is my second day and things are starting to settle a little. In the back of the factory there is an old, but working wood block printers run by a lady called Uda. I haven't met her yet but I've been taking care of her waste paper. I've spent hours tearing it up and it's in a big bucket soaking in water now til 2moro.

At lunch I took my break in the bar area where some students were doing some performance art. It involved candles, paper, blood, cotton wool, flour, water and soap and was thoroughly entertaining. And I did feel a bit sick too!

Tonight there will be a house meal and I will hopefully get the chance to meet the rest of the artists here. So far I've met Sandra and artist/curator who runs Art Container, Telin who makes mechanical objects for performance, Hanz who's a musician, Leho who gave me the password for the Internet, Ernest who lives here and runs the residencies and Eric who teaches the students mentioned above.

Right, must go, time for tea!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're busy as usual tearing up paper and soaking it ;-)

    ReplyDelete