Tuesday 4 October 2011

Dark Room nearly ready

Yesterday was a flop to be fair. As hard as I tried the less I got done so eventually at 11pm I gave up.framed sawed

Thankfully this morning was better. On the way to brush my teeth I bumped into Mai who bought a necklace off me for 5 euro and also gave me Tanels saw which has a handle unlike the one I'd been using.

This morning was mostly taking up with sawing. Sandra came around at lunchtime and made instant mash and salad and of course tea. Her sculpture had arrived from Finland and she wanted help to move it. She brought the head with her and asked me to lick it. It was caramel.

So she left and I got on with sawing. I popped into Kimberly to give her 5 euro for her poetry CD.

Ernest had lent me his bike so after I had finished sawing I popped up to art container to borrow the staple gun. But as usual it was not simple - there were no staples and the gun was 10 years old and Tanel didn't know a shop that sold staples for this gun. So I took it with me so I could explain to the shop assistant.
frames complete

I cycled to the curtain shop to get netting, and found some carpet slippers for 4euro. After that I dropped off the bike and walked to Prisma where I found staples, a replacement bulb for my light, string to hang up photographs, black paper for making pinhole cameras and two can's of G:N long drink (to be used later for cameras). All was well. When I returned I had time to finish the frames before I bumped into Sandra and a trail of rope. It was time to move the sculpture.

We struggled for a while outside before Eric and Mai came outside, on their way to an exhibition opening. Within 15 mins the sculpture was moved to the rooftop garden and I was covered in caramel and puddle water. When we had tied it up Sandra invited me to the preview. I thought well why not I look like I've been through a bush backwards - why not go to a clean white gallery and meet people I don't know.
the exhibition


Mai Soot wearing the necklace she bought from me

I'm glad I went. It was photography but with an element of performance with reminded me of Gretta Sarfaty.

Now I am home. Hannah dropped in when I had made food so we shared it and then she headed off to collect some wood she had found for her fire.



dark room complete with red light, chemicals, trays, measuring jug and photo paper

Sandra has just asked me to go to Tartu this weekend for a TV show and Marina Amramovic show. I will not be involved but it will be an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment