Thursday 6 October 2011

Negative




So the plan is to make a Mutoscope or something similar with the footage from the performance which will be printed onto the paper made from the performance.

Step one: take stills from the film
Step two: invert them
Step three: print onto acetate
Step four: make hand made paper from paper used in the performance (allow for mistakes so about 500)
Step five: treat the paper with Cyanotype chemicals
Step six: expose the negatives onto the paper and fix
Step seven: assemble into a machine
Step eight: view. Repeat.

Most of today has been taken up taking screen shots (277) and then inverting them. At 4pm Ernest took me on the trolley bus to Freedom Square where we went to the print/copy shop Jajaa's. Apparently the ladies are really stern but we got a nice one. Ernest advised I get a few done and test them so I got 10 for 3.80euros.


We walked past a poster for the Idiot an Estonian film out next week. As we were walking past Solaris the shopping center with an art film cinema we called in to check the times. Ernest got a poster.

At the second hand shop everything was 1.50euros so we browsed and I got an outfit for the trip to Tartu and Ernest got school clothes. Then we took the trolley bus home to Polymer.




Also at 4pm before we left Kimberly Bianca left by taxi for her bus to Riga. We helped tidy the room and she gave me some food and flowers that she was given last night at her party. It was a great party. At around 8pm a bunch of musicians turned up and played some weird instruments. A poet form Russia came and performed while the musicians improvised. A really drunk guy did the most amazing performance poetry and at about midnight a hug pot of masala chai was brought in and we all had chai and apple cake. Meanwhile there was sauna and a DJ and lots of good company. More images on my flickr account.

And now I've tried out the dark room. It works. I've tried the paper it's good. But I have too much light in my room so when I get back I need to acquire a lamp so I can control the light and make better exposures.

I've made some pinhole cameras to take on the trip. I need to pack and make sandwiches for the road, for sure it will be an adventure. When I get back I need to work 12 hours a day to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment