Monday 10 October 2011

Sunless


This morning I went to bed at 2.30am and sat up writing a plan for the workshop in the morning with the students from Tallinn University of Film. I got up again at 6.30am to prepare and everything went to plan except for the sun.

The students were working on an assignment about mass production and were using the printing facilities at polymer. Not all of them could be involved so Ernest brought about 6 of them to my studio at 10am to work on cyanotypes.


During the demo it became clear we did not have enough UV light from the sun to expose the work so instead we made a paper making and glass cleaning factory in my studio. Thankfully I was the only one injured by the glass.

I was sorry that the students did not see the process but we had some time to talk about the process and why an individual would carry out this process when a machine had already completed the task without hinderance.

At 4pm Sandra banged on my door so I made her tea and she showed me her TV show and we talked about other TV shows in Estonia. At 5.50pm we left for her flat because she had a slave coming around to clean it. Two of her friends came around who were planning an exhibition at Srt Container - maybe in January. It was all very full on, but entertaining.


before


during


after


I am tired now and the slave has served me a lot of champange so I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment