Saturday 8 October 2011

I love Polymer

Today I got up when I'd had enough sleep. I got straight into paper making/breakfast.

As it was sunny I thought should try out some cyanotypes, and maybe figure out the washer dryer.



I spent most of the day alone making and I was very productive. At around 5ish Krysta called by, I made coffee and suggested we go chill on the balcony. We chatted about doing an MA, doing nothing and making art. Out on the balcony you can see who comes and goes. I noticed a girl coming in, I thought it might be Eve. Maybe I hoped - I called her name, it was her. She was meeting Ernest at 6.

Krysta and I continued our conversation and after a while Ryan Ernest and Eve turned up. I said they should call at mine so they made it the last stop on their tour. Eve and I talked about Cyanotype and then I suggested we go to Prisma because I was planning stew for dinner. Just as we were leaving Ernest knocked on the door. He was going to Prisma too. So we left together.

I did my shopping. Eve bought wine, Ernest bought us Prisma treats ( it's a secret, you have to come to Tallinn and to Polymer to find out, but they are the best!)



Back at Polymer I prepared stew and Eve and I talked about our work. We have so much in common. i feel like she is on the same wave lenght as me. I asked her about problems I was having. She had no answer but had the same problems. In a way it was cathartic.

The stew was needing to cook so we had time to look at her work. She had images on her laptop. It was funny that one image was almost identical to mine. The rest were very different. We talked about the possibilities, advantages and disadvantages of Cyanotype, We both felt that the images even when positive images appear to be negatives. She told be about 'reversal' a chemical that you use aver developing to make an image positive.

The stew was still not ready. I had ten sheets of paper to make.. Eve didn't mind me continuing to work while we waited. Just then Ernest knocked on the door. I was glad because I felt rude making whilst entertaining.

He was working on writing a review of the show we had been to last night. He had been there today when the artists had done a guided tour. He says they didn't say much.

We ate then and Eve was cold so she and Ernest tried to start a fire. Adam skyped me. I could hear much. He'd bought a coat. It was very smart. And some assassin snails. He seemed tired, he said shopping made him lethargic. So am I now that everyone has left.

No comments:

Post a Comment